- The American Council for Drug Education offers an extensive library of substance abuse education and prevention information for kids and adults, as well as a resource list of prevention materials and videos.
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) is a meeting place for individuals and organizations looking for information on current substance abuse policy and public affairs.
The Center for Prevention Research provides research on the interaction of biological, psychological, and social factors as they relate to the initiation and continuation of drug use and abuse. The site also provides hot links to other drug prevention organizations.
The Center for Education and Drug Abuse Research (CEDAR) is a NIDA-funded, multidisciplinary research center whose mission is to elucidate the biological, behavioral and environmental components of the variation in the liability to drug use disorders within a developmental framework.
HealthAtoZ offers a comprehensive search engine for health and medicine topics.
Internet Mental Health offers an encyclopedia of mental health knowledge, including information and publications on disorders, diagnosis, treatment, medications, etc.
Join Together Online is a resource center and meeting place for communities working to reduce the harms associated with the use of illicit drugs, excessive alcohol and tobacco. The site contains current public policy issues, a special monthly action calendar, funding news, hot news issues, a library of information and the Join Together newsletter.
Life Education International is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the prevention of drug abuse, violence and AIDS. The site offers a drug search index, prevention information, signs and symptoms of use and effects.
This Miningco site provides a wide range of articles, real-life stories and questions and answers regarding mental health, drug dependency, diseases and conditions, suicide, death and dying and more. The site also features a chat room, a search engine and links to other Miningco sites on almost every topic imaginable.
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASA) Web site is a resource for addiction and substance abuse. It provides information, research and commentary on tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse issues including prevention, treatment and cost data. A new feature allows visitors to submit their personal stories for posting on the site.
The National Council on Alcoholisn & Drug Dependency (NCADD) serves as a clearinghouse for substance abuse information. NCADD has an extensive resource and reference guide, awareness activities list, information for children and adults on various substance issues and an “800” number for individuals looking for affiliate referrals.
National Families in Action Online features action alerts, hot issues info, critical events, newsletter articles, drug information and a catalog of prevention resources. The site also contains an “Ask the Experts” link which allows viewers to ask drug questions which are answered by medical personnel every Tuesday.
The Partnership for a Drug-Free America (PDFA) site includes an extensive list of current drugs of abuse, their street names, their effects and resources for identifying and preventing abuse.
The Partnership for a Drug-Free Community (Huntsville, Alabama) is a private, non-profit organization committed to the prevention of youth alcohol/drug abuse through the process of awareness, education, and action. A major emphasis is to build coalitions in order to mobilize the entire community to stop the demand for drugs.
Project VisionQuest is a drug information clearinghouse based in Kansas City. The group offers a chat room for drug discussions and questions and answers for individuals requiring drug information.
The Recovery Network is a site maintained by a national cable TV channel which serves the public with drug and alcohol information and a 24-hour helpline.
Right2know online provides resource information on numerous drugs and frequently asked questions regarding the substances. The group also offers a library of drug prevention information, substance abuse literature and a list of 24-hour treatment referral numbers.
The Web of Addictions provides a wide range of addiction information. The site includes substance abuse facts, a rolodex of addiction resources, conference listings for professionals and contacts for viewers seeking information.
Addition Helper for UK (United Kingdom) – Alcohol Rehab – Drug Detox & Treatment Centres.
State Alcohol & Drug Resources
- The Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Council of Orange County site offers comprehensive information and education services for the Orange County area in New York.
The Koch Crime Commission is a Kansas-based organization with violence and drug prevention resources, including a new inhalant video that is available free to groups within Kansas.
The Indiana Prevention Resource Center is a statewide clearinghouse for prevention technical assistance and information about alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. The site offers current Indiana and national statistics, drug information, a news calendar, legislative updates, resource information and a search engine.
The National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence – New Jersey site provides information on training, substance abuse news, policy decisions, events and lists of county affiliates that provide prevention information and treatment referrals.
The New York Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) web site provides information on services available for alcohol and drug treatment in New York, counselor licensing and training information, current publications, links to other drug information resources, etc.
- The Texas Commission on Alcohol & Drug Abuse site offers drug prevention information, publications and resources published by the organization and an information resource library. The July issue of the newsletter New View also features an article on inhalant use.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission is the federal agency responsible for product safety and recall information. The site also lists current safety brochures, including the new “A Parent’s Guide to Preventing Inhalant Abuse.”
The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information distributes information on prevention, treatment, statistics, current events and conferences through PREVLINE, a large on-line database of alcohol and substance abuse resources.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health, is the federal agency responsible for drug abuse and prevention research. The NIDA web site hosts research and funding information, recent publications and statistics, drug information, workshop info and much more.
Search the Office of National Drug Control Policy Justice Information Center for up-to-date research and news and statistics on corrections, courts, crime prevention, law enforcements, victims, juvenile and drug resources.
Foundations & Grants
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation site offers information on applying for grants, a list of projects and programs funded by the foundation, current news releases regarding programs, publication lists, a library of program information and a search engine to get through it all.
- Children’s Express is a news service written by kids on the issues that affect their lives. It is a great resource for both children and adults, covering topics from feelings on divorce, the DARE program and substance abuse to teen pregnancy. Check it out.
KidsCampaigns offers access to the latest news about children’s issues, how-to’s about acting on behalf of kids, vital statistics and information on America’s kids and connections to children’s groups around the country.
- Our goal is to raise awareness globally for cerebral palsy and other birth injuries here at Cerebral Palsy Symptoms. Learn all about Cerebral Palsy and other common birth injuries at our site:.
The McREL site offers education news, publications and services, as well as resource information. Teachers and other professional educators should check out this extensive education resource.
Mr.Smith.com is a great way to reach your representatives in Washington and the media. This service provides e-mails and forms for contacting just about everybody. Let your representatives know your concerns about inhalant use!
Nursing Home Abuse Guide is an online resource for nursing home elder abuse information. As you very well may, or may not know, nursing home abuse is a very difficult issue to face. Existing in many forms, many of which are not evident by clear physical signs, it is a problem our society is far too familiar with.
- American Osteopathic Association – Representing more than 70,000 osteopathic physicians (DOs) around the world, the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) serves as the professional family for all DOs and osteopathic medical students. In addition to serving as the primary certifying body for DOs, the AOA is the accrediting agency for all osteopathic medical colleges and health care facilities.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine offers extensive information for health professionals, including public policy news, recent publications, certification information and membership information.
The Association of School Nurses of Connecticut site provides information about school nursing in Connecticut and school nursing in general.
The National Association of State Alcohol & Drug Abuse Directors site provides membership information, as well as national advocacy and public policy information on substance abuse.
- NativeWeb offers a wealth of information regarding Native American issues, ranging from literature to legal issues and health to local events.
The National Indian Child Welfare Association site focuses specifically on issues of child abuse, neglect and tribal capacity to prevent and respond to this problem. The site publishes an information exchange, community and public policy development and various workshops and trainings.
- The Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse is a non-profit organization working to minimize the harm associated with the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. Their search engine readily accesses publications, information databases and articles on topics ranging from gambling to substance abuse.
Casa Alianza is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation and defense of street children in Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico.
The Drug Watch International site posts position papers of the organization, as well as recent news and publications on drug topics.
The International Council on Alcohol & Addictions is an international organization working to reduce and prevent the harmful effects of the use of alcohol and other drugs.
Prevention Materials and Videos
- For a complete list of available inhalant prevention posters, brochures and videos, visit the NIPC Resource Bank.
Discover Films, Inc. sells drug, alcohol and inhalant prevention teachers’ guides, materials and videos.
Human Relations Media sells a variety of educational videos and multimedia products for school and youth audiences, including inhalant prevention videos.
- Media Projects, Inc. is a non-profit producer and distributor of educational videos and documentaries. Media Projects has produced two award-winning videos on inhalant abuse, including A Wasted Breath: Kids on Inhalants and Inhalant Abuse: Kids in Danger, Adults in the Dark.
- Parent Education Resources provides workshops, seminars and training for educators, parents and volunteers in the school community. The site also offers information on adjustment and transition for parents of young school-age children.
- YouthPastor, established by the Christian ministry, presents a large database of information for individuals and youth pastors. Resources range from youth ministry programs to information on drama and the arts to information on social service programs.